Monday - Friday (Hybrid Working)
An established engineering firm are looking for you to join their Teddington office as an Accountant!
You will be reporting to the Finance Manager and join a small team of Financial Accountants, working together to ensure all daily transactions are achieved.
Key responsibilities for this Accountant role include being responsible for preparing financial statements, playing a key part in the end of year audit, and being involved in the company's annual budget process.
This is Hybrid role, and you will be in the office 1 - 2 days per week.
- Providing support as required to business stakeholders, including the delivery of results against department budgets.
- Cash management, balance sheet reconciliations and forecasting.
- Preparing year end packs / statutory accounts and audit deliverables for the legal entity.
- Reporting on actual vs budget variances to department stakeholders.
- Reporting on Centre projects and assisting the Financial Manager with delivering and planning a 5-year budget.
- Being a Point of contact for auditors / other stakeholders with regards this operating unit.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in changing initiatives.
- Writing accounting papers and assisting with the annual update of company's processes.
- Educated to degree level.
- A qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- A strong history in finance with experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate good organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to analyse information.
- Ready to be a team player in the finance team.
- Demonstrate strategic and logical thinking and good negotiating skills.
- Company pension scheme up to 10%
- 26 days Annual holiday entitlement
- Social company events
- Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance Please note occasional travel required to London and Fareham.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this vacancy, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.