Monday - Friday
An established distribution company based in West London are looking for you to join their team as an Accounts Assistant!
As an Accounts Assistant you will support the company's finance operations and report to the Financial Controller.
Accounts Assistant Duties:
- Accounts Payable maintenance and control - ensuring that debts are settled when due and preparing payments when authorised to do so.
- Preparing VAT returns; following changes in VAT compliance regulations.
- Booking purchase invoices in SAP system; following expense approval processes before an invoice is passed for payment.
- Posting bank transaction in SAP and completing bank reconciliation at the end of the month.
- Ensuring that debtor accounts are correctly stated on daily basis and that credit limits are followed on within due dates.
- Handling employee expenses, making sure that all are posted on time and allocated to correct expense accounts.
- Month end closing support - making sure that all transactions are booked in line with closing deadlines.
- Preparing various reports and ongoing trend analysis to determine business patterns that can help facilitate improvement.
Accounts Assistant Specification:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Previous Accounts experience required with training given.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team.
- Working knowledge of using SAGE, Xero and or Quickbooks desirable.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel and MS Office applications.
- Well organised with a high attention to detail.
- 25 days Holiday plus bank holidays.
- Career progression opportunities and study support.
- Team days out.
What you need to do now: If you're interested in this Accounts Assistant vacancy, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.