Monday - Friday
9am - 5:30pm
A fast-growing company based in Chertsey are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant Bookkeeper with excellent communication and organisational skills to join their team.
Accounts Assistant Duties:
- Raise and email/upload sales invoices
- Update sales spreadsheet & Red Book (hard & excel copies)
- Post purchase and overhead invoices and file hard copies
- Update sales spreadsheet with relevant costs
- Update PO spreadsheet with processed invoices
- Liaise with suppliers for any account queries
- File delivery notes with associated purchase invoices
- Make supplier and other bank payments as necessary
- Process payments, invoices, income and receipts and enter data into accounting software /databases/spreadsheet
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Run aged debtor report weekly
- Manage statements, reminder letters & copy invoices
- Manage company payroll & pensions
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Keep appropriate records of CIS withheld/suffered.
- Provide CIS certificates to subcontractors monthly
- Submit monthly CIS returns
Accounts Assistant Specification:
- Proficient with Sage 50 accounts and Microsoft Excel.
- To have accounts experience
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to find errors.
- Proficient in Sage payroll and understanding of nest pension scheme
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this vacancy, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.