Contract Role for 6 months
£30,000 - £35,000
London / Hybrid Working
Our client a leading marketing company based in the heart of the London's West end is on the lookout for a Accounts Assistant on a contract role for 6 months. They are looking for a part qualified ACCA or CIMA candidate for this role.
This role consists of 2 days working in the office and 3 days working from home.
Responsibilities of an Accounts Assistant:
- Reconciling all Bank nominal codes and control codes.
- Establishing work-flow controls for all payments received by card payment, both online and over the phone.
- Reconciling all Bank nominal codes and control codes for nine bank accounts (GBP, EUR, USD SGD)
- Creating revenue recognition spreadsheets for several revenue streams and generating reports that feed directly into management accounts to make the calculation of reserves and accruals posting quicker and more efficient.
- Developed custom reports that helped evaluate costs and revenues to predict future trends for projects for both the finance team and heads of departments, to improve reporting to key stakeholders.
- Maintaining Cash Collection records, as well as improving reporting available to internal stakeholders by building custom reports to communicate information easily and clearly.
- Recording incoming bank transactions and assisting with the bank reconciliation to investigate and resolve discrepancies that are highlighted in addition to intercompany posting.
- Reconciling the Debtors and Creditors Control accounts and posting journals to reconcile bank charges and any adjustments required by the FD.
- Working with our IT team on improving and testing our CRM system which directly feeds into our finance system.
- Provide auditors with custom reports for their testing and answered any queries they had.
- Liaising with the Events and Commercial Teams to ensure correct invoicing. Ensuring internal financial information for both internal and external stakeholders.
Specification of an Accounts Assistant:
- Part Qualified ACCA or CIMA
- Experience using XERO
- Logical and Analytical
- Positive can-do attitude