Accounts Payable Clerk
£23,000 - £28,000
2 days office / 3 days from home
Our client a market research company based in Putney is seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant / Purchase Ledger Assistant to join their friendly team.
This role would suit either an experienced person or a switched-on individual who could be trained up to take on this role. To provide support to accounts payable / purchase ledger function and other sundry accounts-related duties.
Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger main responsibilities are as follows:
- Processing purchase invoices and other payment requests in multiple currencies
- Processing expenses
- Reconcile company Credit Card control accounts and other sundry control accounts
- Set up payments via online banking
- Processing payments in the accounting system
- Responding to accounts payable queries from staff and suppliers
- Supporting maintenance of accounts system records (setting up suppliers, project codes and similar)
Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger Person Specification
- Has at least experience working in accounts payable function, enjoys this kind of work and would like to continue doing so.
- Has attention to detail.
- Is able to work effectively in a team environment
- Is able to organise his/her workload in order to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Can communicate clearly and courteously.
- Has patience when dealing with non-finance staff who need multiple explanations on various subjects.