Audit and Accounts Manager
9am - 5:30pm
£45,000 - £55,000
An Accountant's based in Richmond are looking for an experienced Audit and Accounts Manager to join their well-established team. Our client offers a dynamic working environment within a supportive team. This role would suit someone who is ambitious, motivated and able to lead a team.
Responsibilities of an Audit and Accounts Manager:
- Working in our Richmond office, though some travel may be required depending upon client commitments.
- Travel expenses paid in accordance with the firm's travel policy.
- Audit work - audit planning, setting up audit tests and reviewing audit files, assisting with audit completion both individually and as part of an audit team using CCH automated audit software.
- Reviewing and involvement in the preparation of management accounts.
- Sole trader/partnership accounts preparation and reviews of the same;
- Corporation tax;
- Review of VAT returns
- Client development and advisory
- Assessing and obtaining information needed for the preparation of corporate tax returns.
- Reporting to and working closely with other members of the Accounts and Audit Team.
- Assisting with and contributing to the team's ongoing development.
- Managing a client portfolio, including management of time costs, billing, and recovery rates.
Specification of an Audit and Accounts Manager:
- ACCA Qualified with at least 3-5 years in general practice
- Audit experience
- Must be competent in auditing and preparing accounts - the interview process will consist of questions to establish the level of competency in both auditing and accounts preparation including knowledge of audit planning, testing and completion under ISAs.
- Previous experience with accounts, bookkeeping and management accounts.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the team.
- Good academic history, at least to A level or equivalent.
- Exemplary team player with a positive, client focused attitude.
- Competent on computers and associated software. Working knowledge of the following a strong advantage: CCH Accounts Production, CCH Audit Automation;, Xero, Quickbooks Online; and MS Office products, especially Excel.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills, good spoken and written English are necessary conditions for an offer of employment.
- Working to high levels of accuracy within defined deadlines
What to do now:
Your application will be passed to our team of recruitment consultants, and should your skills and experience match the recruitment needs of our client, we will forward your CV to them, so they can consider whether your application is suitable for this vacancy. By submitting your CV to us, you are giving your consent to us to use your details for this express purpose.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every unsuccessful applicant, therefore if you do not hear from us within 10 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance the Client has chosen not to pursue your application for this position