Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
A dynamic, fast-growing company based in Chertsey with a long-established client base are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper with excellent communication and organisational skills to join the team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all transactional accounts and have the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities based on their skill set.
Key Responsibilities of the Bookkeeper:
- Raise and email/upload sales invoices
- Update sales spreadsheet & Red Book (hard & excel copies)
- File job bags
- Post purchase and overhead invoices and file hard copies
- Update sales spreadsheet with relevant costs
- Update PO spreadsheet with processed invoices
- Liaise with suppliers for any account queries
- File delivery notes with associated purchase invoices
- Make supplier and other bank payments as necessary
- Process payments, invoices, income and receipts and enter data into accounting software /databases/spreadsheet
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Run aged debtor report weekly
- Chase overdue debts
- Manage statements, reminder letters & copy invoices
Payroll VAT & CIS
- Manage company payroll & pensions
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Keep appropriate records of CIS withheld/suffered.
- Provide CIS certificates to subcontractors monthly
- Submit monthly CIS returns
Expenses & Petty Cash
- Manage employee expense claims
- Manage employee credit card expenditure
- Maintain petty cash
- Produce monthly financial statements including cash flow, profit and loss, balance sheet and management accounts
- Liaise with Accountant regarding account queries
- Helping the Accountant with administrative duties and preparing yearly accounts
- Recording any inconsistencies to help the Accountants reconcile inaccuracies
- Filing job bags once invoiced
- Maintaining office supplies by keeping an inventory and ordering new supplies as needed
- Preparing purchase orders in accordance with requests for materials
- Other ad hoc administrative support to sales/design team
Skills and Experience of the Bookkeeper:
- Proficient with Sage 50 accounts and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Confident and outgoing personality.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to find errors.
- Able to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Proficient in Sage payroll and understanding of nest pension scheme
- Understanding and experience of dealing with transactions within the Construction Industry Scheme.
- Salary: £25,000 to £35,000.
- Monday to Friday working hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Free parking.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and are looking for a challenging and rewarding role in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!