Title: Finance Manager
Location: Hayes - Office Based
Our client is a leading transport service provider, offering coach services to customers across the country. We are currently seeking a Finance Manager to oversee the local finance team and provide fiscal leadership to ensure the company meets its profit and cost objectives.
Finance Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the local finance team in overseeing finance and accounting reporting functions, ensuring timely and accurate financial information and analysis is provided to help the company meet its profit and cost objectives.
- Ensure external and internal reporting obligations are satisfied, including managing local day-to-day operations, external and internal audits, ONS, P11D's, statutory filing, monthly VAT returns to external regulatory bodies, and tax compliance.
- Actively share knowledge to train and develop team members, cross-train and develop the Finance team, and create an environment that inspires and motivates a highly engaged team.
- Analyse margin data and create margin projections, partner with the business function managers to maintain effective operating cost control, performance management, and minimize financial risk.
- Prepare and deliver monthly financial dashboards and variance analysis, historical data analysis to support the budget and forecast processes on sales and operating costs, as well as operating expense.
- Deliver accurate and timely monthly financial reporting, including high-quality financial statement preparation, balance sheet account reconciliations, intercompany accounting, balance sheet analyses, P&L analyses, accruals, and transactional data analysis.
- Support delivery of robust budgets, forecasts, sales outlooks, and cash flows.
Finance Manager Person Specification:
- Part Qualified to Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) is an advantage.
- Experience of working in an SME environment
- Experience in HFM, Hyperion, Microsoft Dynamics AX, or similar financial ledger and reporting systems desirable.
- Advanced Excel (including pivots).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all Business Partners.
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand the business and make appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrates strong technical accounting skills and understanding of accounting principles.
- Travel industry experience, especially on transportation e.g., coach services is an advantage.
Finance Manager Package:
- Salary circa £45,000
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this vacancy, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.