If you have financial services or Financial Controller experience and are looking for an exciting new opportunity in Birmingham, we have just the role for you! Magpie Recruitment is helping a digital financial and technical services company find a talented and preferably French-speaking Financial Controller to work with colleagues in Paris and provide timely and accurate financial support to the business.
This Birmingham-based Financial Controller role comes with a favourable salary of £40k-£45k and an excellent benefits package.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be preparing and analysing month-end accounts and managing cash collection. You will also be preparing statements reconciliations and the company's cash flow forecasts.
Your Group Financial Controller duties will include:
- Managing taxes declarations and VAT declarations
- Preparing annual Financial Statements in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer
- Managing external auditors and their queries
- Providing ad hoc advice and information on queries, including changes to relevant accounting standards
- Assisting in regular forecasting and the budgeting process
To succeed in this flexible Financial Controller role, you will need to be a newly qualified accountant with at least 3 years of experience. You should also be able to work with total autonomy on the production of statutory accounts and consolidation packages.
Additional requirements include:
- Excellent accounting skills
- Good knowledge of SAP and advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work with remote management
- Proactive and excellent decision-making skills
If this Financial Controller job in Birmingham sounds like the right career opportunity for you, please get in touch with Magpie Recruitment today