Group Accountant Location
Up to £70,000
Magpie Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for a Group Accountant role within our client's dynamic and inclusive organisation. They are a global engineering consultancy with a rich heritage, providing innovative solutions in the industry. As the Group Accountant, you will play a vital role in ensuring the accuracy, compliance, and efficiency of the Group's financial statements and reporting processes.
Group Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare consolidated year-end profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, including associated disclosure notes and tax disclosures, while conducting necessary reconciliations.
- Review subsidiary packs for technical compliance, accuracy, and completeness at year-end.
- Handle defined benefit pension journals and related reconciliations.
- Support the preparation of the Group Consolidated Statutory Accounts under UK GAAP FRS102 and all UK subsidiary accounts.
- Collaborate with the BIRA team to develop year-end reporting templates, ensuring comprehensive information for the completion and audit of Consolidated Group Statutory Accounts.
Group Accountant Person Specification:
- Finalist / Newly qualified /Qualified Accountant, preferably ACA, ACCA with experience in multinational companies through practice or industry.
- Strong technical accounting skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner. Familiarity with UK GAAP FRS102 and IFRS.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, adapting to different audiences and levels of staff.
- Highly organized, positive, and proactive mindset.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Excel, along with good skills in Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of PowerBI is advantageous but not essential.
- Team player capable of collaborating effectively and achieving shared objectives.
- Enthusiastic about joining the Business Intelligence, Reporting, and Analysis Team and contributing to the wider Global Finance team.
Group Accountant Benefits:
- Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
- Pension contribution of up to 10%.
- Salary Exchange Scheme.
- Permanent Health Insurance.
- Life Assurance.
- Private Medical Insurance (PMI).
- Wellbeing Fund (£250 per annum).
- Flexible Working arrangements.
- Annual Leave of 26 days per annum.
- Holiday Trading: Up to 10 days can be bought or sold in any annual leave year.
- Career Development opportunities.
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme (PRBS).
- Employee Dividend Scheme (EDS).
- This is a full-time or part-time role (4 days per week) offering flexibility and work-life balance. While the role can be performed remotely, you will be required to work in the office full-time during key year-end weeks.
What you need to do now: