Our client a furniture company based in South West London are looking for an experienced Handyman to join their team. To be eligible for this you must have a clean driving licence and have experience of repairing different furniture.
- Should have basic ‘handyman’ skills with ability to do:
- Basic rewiring, changing bulbs, and changing fuses.
- Maintenance and repair of fixtures and fittings.
- Moving or assembling furniture or equipment.
- Basic plumbing jobs.
- Organisation of workshop.
- Assistance with installations.
- Hanging of pictures/mirrors.
- Liaising with outside contractors.
- Capable and educated in the art of moving furniture.
- Ensure the safe, tidy and efficient storage and protection of the stock.
- Manage the logistics of all stock, making sure everything is packaged and transported in the safest manner.
- Expert at loading a van competently and safely, ensuring pieces are cared for and arrive immaculately.
- Driving respectfully, competently and with care, looking after the vehicle and keeping it clean and serviced.
- Upkeep of inventory and stock lists, working with in-house software.
- Preparing orders for dispatch.
- Maintaining an inviting environment for visitors.
- Hiring an driving the correct vehicle for the transportation of goods when necessary.
- Evaluating the requirements and needs of a company owned vehicle.
- To have a comprehensive knowledge of all stock.
- Maintaining the stock of packing materials needed at all locations.
- Basic handyman skills.
- Have full clean driver’s license for at least 3 years, ideally 5+.
- Have exceptional packing standards (furniture removal experience would be ideal).
- Competent and experienced van driver.
- Fit, strong and knowledge of correct lifting techniques.
- Excellent command of English reading, writing and speaking.
- Conscientious, organised and methodical.
- Great communication skills.