Richmond Upon Thames
Head of Technology
Our client a retailed based organisation with a heavy focus on its tech infrastructure is seeking a Head of Technology to join their rapidly growing organisation.
Tech is at the heart of everything they do and gives them the springboard to constantly look to improve how they operate, communicate, and serve their customers.
As the Head Of Technology, you will have a wealth of technology and platforms to oversee on a day to day basis, with a requirement to keep driving the tech stack forward and evolving it in line with business requirements and with what the market demands. A key part of this evolution will see the launch of their new website, building on the software they have developed for their industry.
You will be championing the IT & Communications infrastructure as well as the development and continuous improvement of their bespoke technology stack including the ERP system, Magento eCommerce platform, VR Mobile app, Design software and their telecoms suite.
You will also be responsible for the management of an internal team of developers on the Magento platform, ensuring that development tasks are prioritised and completed in line with business requirements and expectations.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with all the departments to systemise, improve and automate processes Company wide.
Head of Technology responsibilities:
- Project Management of ongoing development, including the design, testing and maintenance of the platform using SCRUM methodology.
- Interpret management objectives to incorporate into the development roadmap.
- Prioritise the development roadmap based on impact, value and effort.
- Manage integrations between internal and external systems and platforms.
- Manage troubleshooting and implementation of new feature requests.
- Oversee the management of the CMS.
- Oversee the Magento platform tech stack ensuring optimum performance, stability and security.
- The ability to manage a team of individuals, each a specialist in their own area.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Great IT skills combined with a good head for business.
- An understanding of compliance regulations such as GDPR, PSD2 and PCI Compliance
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills when dealing with 3rd party suppliers.
- An understanding of SCRUM methodology
- Experience of Magento or other ecommerce platforms.