Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:30pm
£18,000 - £20.000
Our client within the private healthcare industry are looking for a Medical Administrator to join their team based in Manchester. This role is office based so will need a keen candidate who lives locally.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, reliable and have relevant experience within administration or medical administration.
Responsibilities of a Medical Administrator:
- Provide support at the reception desk - greeting visitors and patients
- Answering queries - referrals, pricing, scanning experience, liaising with clinical staff, parking and directions.
- Sorting and distributing clinical referrals, faxes, post and arranging couriers
- Keeping the reception, waiting room and kitchen areas always tidy to maintain a safe environment by complying with internal procedures.
- Answering, screening, forwarding phone calls and retrieving messages from voice mail system. General message taking and forwarding to appropriate personnel.
- Updating appointment calendar and internal Radiology Information System (RIS) ensuring all patient data is gathered and accurate and that safety questions have been answered by attending patient and method of funding has been confirmed.
- Sending appointment confirmation via e-mail and SMS to patients (or post if requested)
- Receive patients on their arrival at the facility, and offering refreshments to them and their guests. Explaining Safety Questionnaire and Consent form to the patient and answering any questions they may have.
- Logging the arrival of patients into Radiology Information System (RIS) and ensuring that patient appointments are on schedule by notifying Radiographer and Radiologist of the patient's arrival.
- Ensuring that we have the correct referral/contact details to forward the patients written report to the referring party within a 24/48hr timeframe.
- Reviewing and editing as required patient findings reports produced by our Radiologists, prior to sending to the patient's referrer.
- Invoicing for patient scans and when necessary, following with debt recovery correspondence.
- Help to grow the business by regular phone contact with our most prolific referrers PA/assistants.
- Assist with preparation of patients prior to the scan
- Participate in training provided by the company
- Adhere to company's policies
- Ensure that all appropriate safety and distancing measures are being fulfilled relating to the COVID-19 situation
Specification of a Medical Administrator:
- Highly organised
- Experience in a similar role
- Positive can-do attitude
- Great work ethic
- Good verbal and written communication
- Private Health Care Insurance
- Work Place Pension
What to do now:
Your application will be passed to our team of recruitment consultants, and should your skills and experience match the recruitment needs of our client, we will forward your CV to them, so they can consider whether your application is suitable for this vacancy. By submitting your CV to us, you are giving your consent to us to use your details for this express purpose.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every unsuccessful applicant, therefore if you do not hear from us within 10 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance the Client has chosen not to pursue your application for this position