Monday - Friday
An established law firm are looking for you to join their Crawley based office as a Solicitor!
You will be joining a team with experienced staff in a Solicitors office that specialises in a variety of departments dealing with all aspects of company, commercial and private client law.
As a Solicitor, you will provide clear and accurate legal advice to clients and carry out client sourcing activities in accordance with targets. This includes preparing legal documentation, representing, and defending a client's legal interests and attending meetings or negotiations.
In the role, you will be managing the Residential Property Department's caseloads from initial instructions from client to post completion matters, covering the opening / closing of files.
- Attending to clients via the telephone and in person, confirming advice in correspondence.
- Building professional relationships with clients and other contacts.
- Running transactions smoothly to conclusion, providing a high level of service.
- Liaising with solicitors, agents and any third parties in a timely and professional manner.
- Drafting / proofreading all necessary documentation required to progress the client's case.
- Ensuring that paper and electronic files are up to date, accurate and organised.
- Accurately recording all case related documents including information used in managing files and storing deeds and wills.
- Acting as an ambassador / promoter of the firm.
- Assisting other fee earners / members of staff as directed by the Managing Director.
- Keeping up-to-date and complying with all professional, regulatory, and statutory training requirements.
- Previous legal experience required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Be understanding of individual needs and ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Social company events.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this Solicitor vacancy, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.