Monday - Friday (8am - 4:30pm)
Our client within the catering industry based in Chessington are looking for an experienced Stock Controller to join their team.
As a Stock Controller, you will oversee all inbound / outbound stock including organising and tracking shipments, overseeing inventory audits, and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing.
Ideally you will have a forklift & drivers' licence.
Stock Controller responsibilities:
- Accurately booking in stock using a scanning and barcoding method.
- Receiving daily stock deliveries, booking in, unloading, and putting away.
- Working with the purchasing teams with forecasted stock planning.
- Planning and overseeing stock audits from beginning to end.
- Reporting shortages, damages, and incorrect stock, amending it on the internal computer system.
- Checking stock has been correctly put away.
- Identifying and flagging stock item levels that are too low or too high.
- Identify non-moving stock items and deciding best course of action to remove or dispose of stock, including stock with sell by dates.
- Assisting with other general warehouse tasks when required.
Stock Controller specification:
- Previous experience in a Warehouse role - stock management preferable.
- Exceptional organisation skills, able to work under pressure, prioritise workloads, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office and other applicable systems.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Team player and ability to work independently.
- A proactive mind to tackle stock issues.
- Company pension scheme.
- Annual holiday allowance.
What you need to do now: If you're interested in this vacancy, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.