Our client within the automotive sector based in Wimbledon is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hard-working Warehouse Operative, to join their small but growing team in Wimbledon. This is an integral role within our busy Goods in Department.
- To ensure the prompt and smooth booking in of all parts, delivered by couriers, from our suppliers.
- Ensure parts/deliveries are booked in, and put away in the appropriate place, in a swift manner following strict procedures.
- Checking parts against invoices/delivery notes
- Using the in-house data base to book parts in
- Putting parts away in their relevant locations. They will use a handheld terminal to manage this.
- Accepting & signing for parcels in a busy reception area.
- Greeting customers, suppliers and anyone else who may visit the company.
- Ad-hoc warehouse duties
Skills and Experience
- Intermediate – advanced IT skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Due to some of the parts that are received, a moderate level of fitness is required.
- Flexibility and adaptability and able to use initiative.